Recent Results from the Transaction Department
The transaction department at Morisi & Oatway, P.C. has closed many sophisticated deals for the firm's clients, as well as advised them on complex corporate, real estate, and contract matters. Here are some of the recent success stories we have helped our clients achieve.
Sales, Mergers and Acquisitions of Businesses
- Represented a Boston travel agency in an international joint venture, which included an asset purchase and a merger and stock subscription agreement for 2 million Euros.
- Negotiated and documented the sale of the business assets of a database software company to an out-of-state investment company in a seven-figure deal.
- Helped an employee of a seafood business create a new company and purchase the assets of the business, as well as advised on the financing.
- Represented a client buying into a franchise of an adult daycare center in Boston and structured the client's relationships with his new partners.
- Negotiated an outsourcing acquisition for a client entering the charity fundraising field in a multi-year deal worth potentially eight figures of revenue.
- Represented the buyer of a dental practice and assisted in the formation of the buyer entity, leasing of the real estate, the financing, as well as the acquisition itself.
- Helped a technology company with customers nationwide divest a business division in a sale of assets to division management.
- Represented the buyer of a North Shore real estate agency in the acquisition of the company from its founder, the formation of her company, financing terms, and the establishment of a charitable foundation.
- In less than a month, negotiated, documented, and closed the asset sale of a manufacturing company for more than its appraised value, and obtained lucrative guaranteed employment contracts for the company's founders.
Complex Corporate, Real Estate and Contract Matters
- Negotiated and documented a professional services contract for a client with a multi-billion dollar office supply company.
- Acted as corporate counsel in the execution of a succession plan for a retail chain with multiple locations, including stock buyout and financing, as well as the restructuring of 11 real estate parcels owned by six entities.
- Documented the buyout of one group of shareholders from another after the successful resolution of longstanding disputes.
- Assisted a client with the purchase of commercial real estate in Framingham for the storage and sales of automobiles.
- Successfully negotiated and documented the sale of stock of a client in the company he co-founded, at a substantial premium over its appraised value.
- Formed a commercial condominium for office and retail use for a developer in Canton, and represented the owner in the sale of the units.
- Negotiated advantageous terms on a shopping mall lease for a hardware franchisee expanding its operations to an additional store expected to achieve annual revenues in seven figures.
- Guided the seller of an environmentally-contaminated warehouse building in Boston to the successful sale of the premises for more than its appraised value.
- Negotiated advantageous terms on leases for a client at multiple retail locations for its wireless technology.
- Represented the buyer of commercial real estate in a cash deal while protecting the client from liability for hazardous waste contamination and negotiating a steep discount in the purchase price.
Commercial Bank Loans
- Represented a Boston bank in connection with a $600,000 Revolving Line of Credit Loan, a $2 million Equipment Line of Credit Loan, and a $3.865 million Term Loan to a national equipment rental firm with locations in California, Nevada, Florida, and Massachusetts.
- In one week, closed a $1.1 million Real Estate Loan Arrangement for a bank with multiple borrowers collateralized by commercial rental property in Kingston, MA and involving an investment of capital by new partners.
- Represented a Boston bank in a $700,000 Increase in Revolving Line of Credit Loan Facility and $2 million New Equipment Line of Credit Facility.
- Represented a North Shore bank in a $3.35 million credit facility for the purchase by a developer of a medical building, as well as the construction loan financing of improvements to the project.
- Closed a $1.3 million credit facility for a bank to refinance a property in Plymouth, MA with office, retail, and residential tenants.
- Represented a bank in the $350,000 commercial property refinance of investment property in Wareham, MA.
- Closed a $415,000 commercial property refinance of investment property in Braintree, MA.
- Represented a bank in the $1.2 million refinance and construction financing of a project in Quincy, MA.
- Acted as bank counsel in the financing of a $2.1 million transaction involving the sale of real estate in Brockton and the purchase of two MassDevelopment Bonds.